Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. (NASDAQ:ULTA): Up +12.68%. Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. sells cosmetics, fragrances, skin and hair care products, appliances, and accessories. The Company also offers hair salon services, manicures, pedicures, massages, and other beauty & spa treatments. Competitors to Watch: Sally Beauty Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:SBH), Perfumania Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:PERF), Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP), Alberto-Culver Company (NYSE:ACV), Revlon, Inc. (NYSE:REV), Elizabeth Arden, Inc. (NASDAQ:RDEN), Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ:IPAR), Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:NUS), The Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE:PG), Parlux Fragrances, Inc. (NASDAQ:PARL), Physicians Formula Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:FACE), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ).
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up +10.38%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- OM Group, Inc. (NYSE:OMG): Up +6.38%. OM Group, Inc. produces and markets value-added metal-based specialty chemicals and powders. The Company supplies metal carboxylates, inorganic metal salts, and metal powders for diverse applications to a variety of industries. OM’s products are used to manufacture coatings, custom catalysts, liquid detergents, lubricants, fuel additives, colorants, and rechargeable batteries.
- Aluminum Corp. of China Limited (NYSE:ACH): Up +4.95%. Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, also known as Chalco, is a producer of alumina and primary aluminum in China. The Company refines bauxite into alumina and smelts aluminato to produce primary aluminum.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARIA): Up +4.5%. ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. discovers, develops, and commercializes small-molecule drugs to treat aggressive cancers. The Company’s first product candidate is an investigational mTOR inhibitor. ARIAD’s second product candidate is an investigational pan BCR-ABL inhibitor for treatment of blood cancers.
- Brazilian Telecom HOLDRS (NYSE:TBH): Down -50.92%. Telecomunicacoes Brasileiras S.A. – Telebras is the ADR of a representative receipt made up of pre-determined stocks of different telecommunications companies and types of shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The portfolio includes EMT US, TSU US, TNE US, TCN US, TMB US and TCP US.
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG): Down -20.22%. MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiary, provides private mortgage insurance coverage in the United States. The Company’s customers include thrifts, mortgage bankers and brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and other lending institutions. The Company also provides, through subsidiaries, underwriting and contract services related to home mortgage lending.
- Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN): Down -16.19%. Ciena Corporation develops and markets communications network platforms and software, and offers professional services. The Company’s broadband access, data and optical networking platforms, software tools, and global network services support worldwide telecom and cable/MSO services providers, and enterprise and government networks. Competitors to Watch:Tellabs, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN), Sycamore Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCMR), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Orckit Communications Ltd (NASDAQ:ORCT), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Infinera Corp. (NASDAQ:INFN), and JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU).
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -13.64%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down -11.35%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.