Hot Stocks Buzzing Among Investors and Traders July 29th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) closed down 96 points at 12,143, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) closed at 1,292 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) closed down at 2,756 on the 145th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
- Allied Healthcare International Inc. (NASDAQ:AHCI): Shares of Allied Healthcare International Inc. closed higher 55.92% today. Allied Healthcare International Inc. provides alternate site healthcare services and products. The Company provides nursing services, respiratory and infusion therapies, and home medical equipment. Allied Healthcare provides health care products and services in the United Kingdom through its subsidiary, Allied Healthcare Group Limited, and regionally in the United States.
- VistaPrint NV (NASDAQ:VPRT): Shares of VistaPrint NV closed lower over 37% today. VistaPrint NV is an online supplier of graphic design and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers worldwide. The Company offers products such as business cards, brochures, and holiday cards.
- STEC, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEC): Shares of STEC, Inc. closed lower over 39% today. STEC Inc. provides technology solutions, offering products based on dynamic random access memory, static random access memory, and Flash memory technologies. The Company designs, manufactures, and markets memory, storage, and connectivity products used in high performance computing, networking and communications, consumer electronics, and industrial applications.
- Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX): Shares of Starbucks Corporation closed flat today. Starbucks Corporation retails, roasts, and provides its own brand of specialty coffee. The Company operates retail locations worldwide and sells whole bean coffees through its sales group, direct response business, supermarkets, and on the World Wide Web. Starbucks also produces and sells bottled coffee drinks and a line of ice creams.
- ZOLL Medical Corporation (NASDAQ:ZOLL): Shares of ZOLL Medical Corporation closed higher over 25% today. Zoll Medical Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets an integrated line of proprietary, non-invasive resuscitation devices and disposable electrodes. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals to provide pacing and defibrillation. Zoll also designs and markets software that automates collection and management of data for emergency medical service providers.
- Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE): Shares of Expedia, Inc. closed higher over 9% today. Expedia, Inc. provides branded online travel services for leisure and small business travelers. The Company offers a wide range of travel shopping and reservation services, providing real-time access to schedule, pricing and availability information for airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
- Aon Corporation (NYSE:AON): Shares of Aon Corporation closed lower over 2% today. Aon Corporation is an insurance services holding company. The Company is comprised of risk and insurance brokerage consulting. Aon’s services include helping manage risk for clients, negotiating and placing insurance risk with other carriers, and advicing clients related to health and benefits, retirement, compensation, strategic human capital, and human resource outsourcing.
- AMERIGROUP Corporation (NYSE:AGP): Shares of AMERIGROUP Corporation closed lower over 18% today. AMERIGROUP Corporation, a multi-state managed healthcare company, serves people who receive healthcare benefits through state-sponsored programs. Programs include Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, and Family Care. The Company provides managed care and medical management programs, as well as offers community-based education and outreach programs.
- AllianceBernstein Holding LP (NYSE:AB): Shares of AllianceBernstein Holding LP closed lower over 3% today. AllianceBernstein Holding LP is an investment management firm. The Company provides investment management services to U.S. public and private employee benefit plans, foundations, public employee retirement funds, pension funds, endowments, banks, insurance companies and high-net-worth individuals worldwide.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S): Shares of Sprint Nextel Corporation closed lower over 2% today. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>