As the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaks above 11,000 and the S&P 500 moves above 1,150, here are some top stocks catching investing and trading attention on Wall Street today:
- Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS): Shares of Kohl’s Corporation are trading higher today on the heels of positive retail sales. Same-Store Retail Sales Rose 5.1% in September. Kohl’s Corporation operates a chain of family-oriented department stores. The Company’s stores feature apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children; soft home products such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle income customers. Kohl’s also offers online shopping as well as offers store credit cards.
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Shares of Apple are trading flat today following the sobering and sad news of Steve Jobs’ passing. His legacy left the highest value technology on Earth to-date. Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE:LTD): Shares of Limited Brands Inc. are trading higher today after a boost of optimism from the retail sector same store sales report. Limited Brands, Inc. owns and operates specialty stores throughout the United States. The Company, through its retail stores, offer a wide range of products, including women’s apparel, women’s lingerie, beauty products and accessories, personal care, and home fragrance products. The Company’s stores also offer products via the Internet.
- Corning Inc. (NYSE:GLW): Shares of Corning are higher today after increasing its quarterly dividend to 7.5 cents per share from 5 cents per share. Corning Incorporated is a global, technology-based company. The Company produces optical fiber, cable, and photonic components for the telecommunications industry, as well as manufactures glass panels, funnels, liquid crystal display glass and projection video lens assemblies for the information display industry.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Shares of Morgan Stanley are rebounding nicely as fears calm about the bank being compared to a Lehman doom-and-gloom. Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>