Hot Stocks Buzzing With Trading Interest Today: IR, XRTX, WYNN, AZZ, FMCN, BDSI, CAMP, MU, C
As the Dow Jones Industrial Average rebounds from a morning drop, Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens today:
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): Shares of Ingersoll-Rand PLC are trading lower today after issuing a weaker outlook. The company stated currency effect could hit their bottom line. Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- Xyratex Ltd. (NASDAQ:XRTX): Shares of Xyratex Ltd. are trading higher today after the company beat Wall Street’s earnings expectations in its latest quarterly release. Xyratex Ltd. provides enterprise class data storage subsystems and network technology. The Company designs and manufactures enabling technology that provides OEM and disk drive manufacturer customers with data storage products that support high-performance storage and data communication networks.
- Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN): Shares of Wynn Resorts, Limited are trading lower today after the fearful news that China’s economy might be slowing and the casino sector could take a hit. Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.
- AZZ Incorporated (NYSE:AZZ): Shares of AZZ Incorporated are trading lower today after a weaker than expected earnings report. Revenue missed on weaker margins and higher interest expenses. AZZ Incorporated manufactures specialty electrical equipment and components for the global power generation, power transmission, and distribution markets. The Company also provides hot dip galvanizing services to the steel fabrication industry across the United States.
- Harleysville Group Inc. (NASDAQ:HGIC): Shares of Harleysville Group Inc. are trading flat today. Nationwide paid almost a 90% premium for HGIC shares. Harleysville Group Inc. is an insurance holding company. The Company operates with Harleysville Mutual Insurance Company to form a network of insurance companies primarily in the eastern and midwestern United States. Harleysville underwrites personal and commercial property and casualty coverages, including automobile, homeowners, commercial multi-peril, and workers compensation.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (NASDAQ:FMCN): Shares of Focus Media Holding Limited are trading up today. After yesterday’s cautious news on China’s companies, FMCN is rebounding with investor buying interest once again. Value anyone? Focus Media Holding Limited operates an out-of-home advertising network in China. The Company uses audiovisual television displays which are placed primarily in high-traffic areas of commercial office buildings such as in lobbies and near elevators, as well as in large retail chain stores and other venues.
- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (NASDAQ:BDSI): Shares of BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. are trading lower today. The company continues to dive lower after disappointing trial results for one of its drugs. BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. is a development-stage biotechnology company that is developing and seeking to commercialize a drug delivery technology. The Company’s technology is designed for a broad base of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and over-the-counter drugs. Biodelivery’s technology encapsulates the selected drug in a cochleate cylinder.
- CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ:CAMP): Shares of CalAmp Corp. are trading higher today after turning a profit and delivering a rise in revenues in its latest quarterly report. CalAmp Corporation delivers wireless access and computer technologies. The Company’s services include interface design and embedded computing, software development, technology consulting, and production of electronic devices. CalAmp designs products for digital multimedia delivery, healthcare, retailing applications, public safety markets, and wireless enterprise connectivity.
- Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU): Shares of Micron Technology, Inc. are trading lower today after delivering a disappointing quarterly earnings report yesterday afternoon. MU stock is down 11% today. Micron Technology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory chips (DRAMs), very fast static random access memory chips (SRAMs), Flash Memory, other semiconductor components, and memory modules.
- Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C): Shares of Citigroup Inc. are trading lower today. Morgan Stanley cut its EPS estimates on the bank by 4% in a report released this morning. Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>