Hot Stocks Reaching 52-Week Highs as Markets Rise for Second Straight Day
Here are stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): Up 2.47% to $84.35. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
- Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN): Up 3.22% to $59.65. Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances.
- Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX): Up 3.32% to $39.25. Starbucks Corporation retails, roasts, and provides its own brand of specialty coffee. The Company operates retail locations worldwide and sells whole bean coffees through its sales group, direct response business, supermarkets, and on the World Wide Web. Starbucks also produces and sells bottled coffee drinks and a line of ice creams.
- Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB): Up 3.57% to $108.39. Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
- Precision Castparts Corp. (NYSE:PCP): Up 2.98% to $159.68. Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The Company manufactures large, complex structural investment castings and airfoil castings used in jet aircraft engines. Precision has also expanded into the industrial gas turbine, industrial metal working tools and machines, and other metal products markets.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC): Up 1.7% to $68.11. Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global security company. The Company provides systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY): Up 2.76% to $58.02. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. operates a nationwide chain of retail stores. The Company, through its retail stores, sells a wide assortment of merchandise principally including domestics merchandise and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items and infant and toddler merchandise.
- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): Up 3.69% to $26.14. Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine(ATM)/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
- Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Up 1.6% to $20.33. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais- CEMIG generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais. Cemig serves industrial, commercial, residential, and rural customers. The Company generates electricity primarily through hydroelectric plants.
- CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI): Up 3.5% to $51.14. CIGNA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides group life and health insurance, managed care products and services, retirement products and services, and individual financial services worldwide. The Company also sells individual life and health insurance and annuity products in selected international locations.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR): Up 4.41% to $88.69. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (NYSE:CBD): Up 15.91% to $48.00. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao Grupo Pao de Acucar operates in the foods, and non-food retail businesses. The Group’s structure comprises of supermarkets, hypermarkets, electronics/household appliance stores, convenience stores, cash&carry (wholesale/retail), e-commerce operations and a wide distribution network.
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR): Up 1.45% to $94.63. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE:CAG): Up 1.3% to $25.72. ConAgra Foods, Inc. manufactures and markets packaged foods for retail consumers, restaurants and institutions. The Company offers a wide range of food products, including meals, entrees, condiments, sides, snacks, specialty potato products, milled grain ingredients, dehydrated vegetables and seasonings, and blends and flavors.
- Fastenal Co. (NASDAQ:FAST): Up 4.03% to $35.63. Fastenal Company sell industrial and construction supplies in a wholesale and retail fashion. The Company markets its products and services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Singapore, China, and The Netherlands.
- Teradata Corporation (NYSE:TDC): Up 2.85% to $59.58. Teradata Corporation provides data warehousing solutions, including enterprise analytic technologies and services. The Company’s data warehousing solutions are comprised of software, hardware, and related business consulting and support services.
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!