Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Retail Ventures, Inc. (NYSE:RVI): Up +16.94%. Retail Ventures, Inc. is an off-price retailer with stores concentrated the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast United States. The Company operates Value City Department Stores, Filene’s Basement stores, and DSW stores.
- DSW Inc. (NYSE:DSW): Up +16.86%. DSW Inc., is a specialty branded footwear retailer operating in the United States. The Company offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual, and athletic footwear for women and men.
- Tele Norte Leste Participacoes SA (NYSE:TNE): Up +13.53%. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. is a telecommunication service provider in Brazil. The Company offers a range of integrated telecommunication services that includes fixed-line and mobile telecommunications, data transmission, Internet service provider (NYSE:ISP) services and other services, for residential and business customers.
- Brasil Telecom SA (NYSE:BTM): Up +9.92%. Brasil Telecom S.A. offers fixed-line telecommunications services in western, central, and southern Brazil. The Company provides local and intrastate telephone services, and interstate long-distance telephone services between states in its concession area. It also offers network interconnection and data transmission services, conference calls, caller ID, and toll-free numbers.
- Global Crossing Ltd. (NASDAQ:GLBC): Up +9.5%. Global Crossing Ltd. provides telecommunications solutions over a global Internet protocol-based network, which reaches various countries around the world. The Company serves corporations, providing a full range of managed data and voice products and services.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBRL): Down -12.55%. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. operates restaurants and gift shops in the United States.
- QLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QLGC): Down -7.11%. QLogic Corp. supplies high performance storage networking solutions and networking infrastructure solutions which are sold primarily to original equipment manufacturers and distributors. The Company produces host bus adapters and Fibre Channel switches including core, blade and stackable switches. QLogic also supplies enclosure management and baseboard management products.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARIA): Down -6.69%. ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. discovers, develops, and commercializes small-molecule drugs to treat aggressive cancers. The Company’s first product candidate is an investigational mTOR inhibitor. ARIAD’s second product candidate is an investigational pan BCR-ABL inhibitor for treatment of blood cancers.
- MasTec, Inc. (NYSE:MTZ): Down -6.45%. MasTec Inc., is a specialty contractor operating across a range of industries. The Companys activities are the building, installation, maintenance and upgrade of utility and communications infrastructure, including electrical utility transmission and distribution, windfarms, solar farms, other renewable energy and natural gas infrastructure, wireless, wireline, etc.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO): Down -6.37%. Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.