Hot Wall Street Stock Price Movers May 27th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL): Up +11.06%. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company’s products provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems. Marvell’s technology is applied to the broadband data communications market. Competitors to Watch: Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM), PLX Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLXT), Standard Microsystems Corp. (NASDAQ:SMSC), PMC-Sierra, Inc. (NASDAQ:PMCS), LSI Corporation (NYSE:LSI), STMicroelectronics N.V. (NYSE:STM), and NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA).
- First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC): Up +8.74%. First Republic Bank and its affiliated companies provide a wide range of banking services. The Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services, in major metropolitan areas throughout the United States.
- MicroStrategy Incorporated (NASDAQ:MSTR): Up +7.14%. MicroStrategy Incorporated provides business intelligence software and related services. The Company’s technology platform enables departments and enterprises to deploy Web-based reporting and analysis solutions. MicroStrategy also offers consulting, training, and support services. Solutions are provided to retail, finance, telecommunications, insurance, dot-com, and healthcare industries.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL): Up +6.85%. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. The Company’s products are sold under a wide range of brands. Polo’s operations include Wholesale, Retail and Licensing. Competitors to Watch: Liz Claiborne, Inc. (NYSE:LIZ), The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC), Maidenform Brands, Inc. (NYSE:MFB), Jones Apparel Group, Inc. (NYSE:JNY), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), Guess?, Inc. (NYSE:GES), Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH), Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. (NYSE:PVH), V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC). Frederick’s of Hollywood Group Inc. (AMEX:FOH), Vera Bradley, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRA), Tiffany & Co. (NYSE:TIF), Fossil, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOSL), Piquadro S.p.A. (NYSE:PQ), Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSLA), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), Gap (NYSE:GPS), Express (NYSE:EXPR), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) and Limited Brands (NYSE:LTD)
- Noah Holdings Limited (NYSE:NOAH): Up +6.48%. Noah Holdings Ltd. distributes wealth management products in China. The Company serves high net-worth individuals; enterprises affiliated with high net-worth individuals; and wholesale clients, primarily local commercial banks or branches of national commercial banks which distribute wealth management products to their own clients.
- Medco Health Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS): Down -8.97%. Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- OmniVision Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:OVTI): Down -8.9%. OmniVision Technologies, Inc. provides integrated single chip semiconductor imaging devices. The Company designs, develops, and markets semiconductor imaging devices for computing, communications, and consumer electronics applications. OmniVision’s image sensor product is used in cameras and camera related products such as personal computer, digital, and security cameras.
- Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT): Down -8.06%. Mentor Graphics Corporation manufactures, markets, and supports software and hardware electronic design automation products. The Company provides related services which enable engineers to design, analyze, simulate, model, implement, and verify the components of electronic systems. Competitors to Watch: Synopsys, Inc. (NASDAQ:SNPS), Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS), Magma Design Automation, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAVA), ANSYS, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANSS), PDF Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDFS), Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), National Instruments Corp (NASDAQ:NATI), Parametric Technology (NASDAQ:PMTC), Tessera Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSRA), and Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM).
- Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW): Down -7.59%. Weight Watchers International, Inc., is a provider of weight control programs. The Company operates through a network of company-owned and franchised operations. Members attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings to receive group support and education about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWKS): Down -5.66%. Skyworks Solutions, Inc., a wireless semiconductor company, designs and manufactures radio frequency and complete semiconductor system solutions for mobile communications applications. The Company provides front-end modules, radio frequency subsystems, and system solutions to wireless handset and infrastructure customers worldwide.