Hot Wall Street Stock Price Movers May 31st
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Ashland Inc. (NYSE:ASH): Up +11.95%. Ashland Inc. is a diversified chemical company. The Company provides products and services to a range of businesses, such as adhesives and sealants, building and construction, merchant marine, metal casting, mining, transportation, water and wastewater treatment industries, and others.
- GT Solar International, Inc. (NASDAQ:SOLR): Up +10.67%. GT Solar International Inc. manufactures solar power equipment. The Company is a global provider of polysilicon production technology, crystalline ingot growth systems and related photovoltaic manufacturing services for the solar industry.
- PriceSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ:PSMT): Up +9.2%. PriceSmart, Inc. owns and manages international merchandising businesses. The Company licenses and owns membership stores using the trade name PriceSmart and PriceCostco. PriceSmart’s international market consists of Latin America and Asia. The Company also operates domestic merchandising programs, including its Auto Referral Program and its Travel Program.
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Up +8.87%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- Solazyme Inc (NASDAQ:SZYM): Up +8.79%.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): Down -14.39%. Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- RealD (NYSE:RLD): Down -11.65%. RealD Inc. is a global licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional), or 3D, technologies. The Company licenses its Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also offers active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors.
- Valhi, Inc. (NYSE:VHI): Down -9.25%. Valhi, Inc. is involved in the titanium dioxide pigments, component products, titanium metals products, and waste management industries. The Company produces titanium dioxide pigments, titanium metals products, ergonomic computer support systems, and precision ball bearing slides. Valhi also owns and operates a facility for the processing, treatment, and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Linkedin Corporation (NYSE:LNKD): Down -7.63%. LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts. Competitors: Motorola (NYSE:MMI), Siemens (NYSE:SI), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), AT&T (NYSE:T), and Google (NASDAQ:GOOG).
- First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC): Down -6.79%. First Republic Bank and its affiliated companies provide a wide range of banking services. The Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services, in major metropolitan areas throughout the United States.