Hudson City Bancorp: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:HCBK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mahler Christopher L: act as Senior Vice President. On 08/10/2011, sold 28,801 shares, worth $190,700.
- Klarer James A: act as Senior Vice President. On 09/16/2011, sold 19,236 shares, worth $113,500.
- Beierle Louis J: act as Senior Vice President. On 09/14/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $60,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DEPRINCE RACE & ZOLLO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,561,808 shares, worth $20,468,846. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ING GROEP NV: On 06/30/2011, held 1,497,174 shares, worth $11,962,420. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JACOBS LEVY EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 799,251 shares, worth $6,386,015. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 476,972 shares, worth $3,811,006. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NUANCE INVESTMENTS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 336,779 shares, worth $2,690,864. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Company, through its banking subsidiary, is a federally chartered stock savings bank that offers traditional deposit products, residential real estate mortgage loans and consumer loans. Hudson also purchase mortgages and mortgage-backed securities and other securities issued by U.S. government-sponsored enterprises.
Competitors to Watch: New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:NYB), Kearny Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:KRNY), OceanFirst Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:OCFC), Ocean Shore Holding Co. (NASDAQ:OSHC), Northwest Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:NWBI), Provident New York Bancorp (NASDAQ:PBNY), Oritani Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ORIT), Magyar Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGYR), Roma Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ROMA), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS).
(Note: Data regarding Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>