Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C).
SEC data show that no insiders have bought Citigroup, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Citigroup, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 25,107,417 shares, worth $643,000,949.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,059,600 shares, worth $155,186,356.
- RHUMBLINE ADVISERS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,419,164 shares, worth $138,784,790.
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,876,623 shares, worth $124,890,315.
- LETKO, BROSSEAU & ASSOCIATES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,344,008 shares, worth $85,640,045.
About the company: Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
Competitors to Watch: Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS).
(Note: Data regarding Citigroup, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>