Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:HGSI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARDSLEY ADVISORY PARTNERS: On 06/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $14,724,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 519,556 shares, worth $12,749,904. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APEX CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 328,912 shares, worth $8,071,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 318,845 shares, worth $7,824,456. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LOS ANGELES CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & EQUITY RESEARCH INC: On 06/30/2011, held 315,177 shares, worth $7,734,444. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
Competitors to Watch: GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Immunomedics, Inc. (NASDAQ:IMMU), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB), AstraZeneca plc (NYSE:AZN), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTX), and Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PPHM).
(Note: Data regarding Human Genome Sciences Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>