Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:HGSI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Human Genome Sciences Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ha Ngoc Tuan: act as Director. On 08/05/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $160,000.
- Morrow George J: act as Director. On 08/05/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $157,900.
- Goddard Colin: act as Director. On 08/04/2011, bought 3,000 shares, worth $48,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,805,000 shares, worth $35,595,450.
- TYGH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 691,538 shares, worth $8,775,617.
- PENNANT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 410,000 shares, worth $5,202,900.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 282,349 shares, worth $3,583,009.
About the company: Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
Competitors to Watch: GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Immunomedics, Inc. (NASDAQ:IMMU), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB), AstraZeneca plc (NYSE:AZN), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTX), and Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PPHM).
(Note: Data regarding Human Genome Sciences Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>