Humana: Big Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Humana Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PAR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $43,638,000.
- VISIUM ASSET MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 589,573 shares, worth $42,879,644.
- MATRIX CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 290,000 shares, worth $21,091,700.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 201,200 shares, worth $14,633,276.
- PARTNER FUND MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 149,030 shares, worth $10,838,952.
About the company: Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Competitors to Watch: CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), and WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE:WCG).
(Note: Data regarding Humana Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>