Huntington Bancshares’ Shares Supported by These Insiders and Big Funds
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Huntington Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:HBAN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Huntington Bancshares Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Steinour Stephen D: act as President, CEO & Chairman. On 07/26/2011, bought 41,525 shares, worth $250,000.
- Porteous David L: act as Director. On 08/08/2011, bought 28,300 shares, worth $148,900.
- Neu Richard W: act as Director. On 07/25/2011, bought 20,000 shares, worth $121,200.
- Porteous David L: act as Director. On 08/03/2011, bought 20,000 shares, worth $116,000.
- Steinour Stephen D: act as President, CEO & Chairman. On 08/12/2011, bought 20,000 shares, worth $101,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Huntington Bancshares Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SIRIOS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 7,018,890 shares, worth $33,690,672.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,096,732 shares, worth $19,664,314.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,267,161 shares, worth $6,082,373.
- BASSWOOD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 988,085 shares, worth $4,742,808.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 933,561 shares, worth $4,481,093.
About the company: Huntington Bancshares Incorporated is a multi-state bank holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries provide full-service commercial and consumer banking services, mortgage banking services, automobile financing, equipment leasing, investment management, trust services, brokerage services, customized insurance service programs, and other financial products and services.
Competitors to Watch: Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB), FirstMerit Corporation (NASDAQ:FMER), WesBanco, Inc. (NASDAQ:WSBC), Peoples Bancorp Inc. (NASDAQ:PEBO), First Financial Bancorp (NASDAQ:FFBC), Park National Corporation (AMEX:PRK), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Camco Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:CAFI), Tower Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:TOFC), and PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC).
(Note: Data regarding Huntington Bancshares Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>