Illinois Tool Works: 5 Funds Cashing in Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Illinois Tool Works Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LOMBARDIA CAPITAL PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 568,851 shares, worth $31,878,410. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEWLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 460,000 shares, worth $25,778,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SMITH ASSET MANAGEMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 444,385 shares, worth $24,903,335. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 341,900 shares, worth $19,160,076. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 329,397 shares, worth $18,459,408. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Illinois Tool Works Inc. designs and manufactures fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and a variety of specialty products and equipment. The Company’s products include industrial fluids and adhesives, tooling for specialty applications, welding products, and quality measurement equipment and systems. Illinois Tool Works operates worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV), Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ:NDSN), Entegris, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENTG), Graco Inc. (NYSE:GGG), Flow International Corp. (NASDAQ:FLOW), 3M Company (NYSE:MMM), Myers Industries, Inc. (NYSE:MYE), Taylor Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:TAYD), Core Molding Tech., Inc. (AMEX:CMT), and Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL).
(Note: Data regarding Illinois Tool Works Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>