Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ells Steve: act as Chairman & Co-CEO. On 07/01/2011, sold 33,346 shares, worth $10,237,600.
- Moran Montgomery F: act as Co-CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/20/2011, sold 16,825 shares, worth $5,635,700.
- Moran Montgomery F: act as Co-CEO. On 07/08/2011, sold 10,312 shares, worth $3,345,100.
- Moran Montgomery F: act as Co-CEO. On 07/01/2011, sold 10,003 shares, worth $3,064,400.
- Hartung Jack: act as CFO. On 07/25/2011, sold 3,470 shares, worth $1,152,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 455,593 shares, worth $140,409,207. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCOUT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 340,000 shares, worth $104,784,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 250,000 shares, worth $77,047,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 121,500 shares, worth $37,445,085. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AGF INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 27,881 shares, worth $8,592,645. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. owns and operates quick serve Mexican restaurants. The Company operates restaurants throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD), Good Times Restaurants Inc. (NASDAQ:GTIMD), Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TAST), Tim Hortons Inc. (NYSE:THI), Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM), Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK), Panera Bread Company (NASDAQ:PNRA), Nathan’s Famous, Inc. (NASDAQ:NATH), Wendy’s Arby’s Group Inc. (NYSE:WEN), Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX), Sonic Corporation (NASDAQ:SONC) and Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI).
(Note: Data regarding Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>