Inside Investors and Institutions Reducing United Technologies’s Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold United Technologies Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hess David P: act as President, Pratt & Whitney. On 10/25/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $3,033,200.
- Bowler J Thomas Jr: act as SVP, Human Resources and Org.. On 10/27/2011, sold 30,000 shares, worth $2,388,000.
- Rogan Thomas I: act as Vice President, Treasurer. On 10/28/2011, sold 11,812 shares, worth $937,400.
- Darnis Geraud: act as Pres. & CEO, UTC Climate, Cont(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/25/2011, sold 9,977 shares, worth $749,800.
- Darnis Geraud: act as President, Carrier Corporation. On 08/26/2011, sold 6,260 shares, worth $438,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of United Technologies Corp. in Q3 2011:
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY COMMON PENSION FUND A: On 06/30/2011, held 902,000 shares, worth $78,825,780. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 872,804 shares, worth $76,274,342. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 597,088 shares, worth $52,179,520. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 585,731 shares, worth $51,187,032. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AVESTA CAPITAL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 482,768 shares, worth $42,189,096. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and support services to customers in the aerospace and building industries worldwide. The Company’s products include aircraft engines, elevators and escalators, heating and air conditioning equipment, helicopters, aerospace systems, fuel cell systems, and fire and safety equipment.
Competitors to Watch: Honeywell Intl. Inc. (NYSE:HON), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR), Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC), Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI), Esterline Tech. Corp. (NYSE:ESL), Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT), Rolls-Royce Group plc (RYCEY), and Zardoya Otis SA (ZOT).
(Note: Data regarding United Technologies Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>