Insider Public Stock Trades of Non S&P 500 Shares in August
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
SM Energy Company (NYSE:SM):
- David Copeland bought 12,500 shares at $78.18 per share for a total value of $977,250 on Aug 05.
About the company: SM Energy Company is an independent energy company that explores for and produces natural gas and crude oil. The Company’s operations are focused on The ArkLaTex, Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountains, and Permian Basin regions.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. (NYSE:SMG):
- James Hagerdon sold 97,201 shares at $45.01 per share for a total value of $4,375,017 on Aug 16.
- Hagerdon Partnership, LP sold 97,201 shares at $45.01 per share for a total value of $4,375,017 on Aug 16.
About the company: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company markets branded consumer lawn and garden products, as well as a full range of products for professional horticulture. The Company manufactures and markets fertilizers, pest controls, plant foods, gardening soils, grass seed, and other products in North America and Europe. Scotts Miracle-Gro also provides lawn service in the United States.
Semtech Corp. (NASDAQ:SMTC):
- Mohan Maheswaran sold 25,000 shares at $20.49 per share for a total value of $512,165 on Aug 10.
- Mohan Maheswaran sold 25,000 shares at $20.17 per share for a total value of $504,325 on Aug 24.
About the company: Semtech Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, including integrated circuits, discrete circuits, and assembly products. The Company’s devices are used in computer, communications, industrial, military-aerospace, and automotive applications.
Sunrise Senior Living, Inc. (NYSE:SRZ):
- Paul & Teresa Klaassen sold 76,397 shares at $8.14 per share for a total value of $622,055 on Aug 04.
About the company: Sunrise Senior Living, Inc. provides senior living services. The Company has various senior living communities either open or under construction in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. Sunrise offers a range of senior living services, from independent living, to assisted living, to care for individuals with Alzheimer’s and nursing and rehabilitative care.
Stamps.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP):
- James Bortnak sold 37,001 shares at $17.39 per share for a total value of $643,599 on Aug 01.
About the company: Stamps.com Inc. provides a service for purchasing and printing postage over the Internet. The Company’s core service enables users to print information based on indicia, or electronic stamps, directly onto envelopes, labels, or business documents using laser or inkjet printers.
Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX):
- Patrick J O’Malley sold 434,414 shares at $11.97 per share for a total value of $5,199,284 on Aug 15.
About the company: Seagate Technology PLC designs, manufactures, and markets rigid disc drives for enterprise, personal computer, and consumer electronics applications.
Solar Winds, Inc. (NYSE:SWI):
- Bryan Allen Sims sold 40,000 shares at $21.90 per share for a total value of $875,900 on Aug 05.
About the company: Solarwindes, Inc. provides enterprise-class network management software. The Company’s products include individual software tools, products, and help for network management.
Texas Capital BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ:TCBI):
- Jospeh M. Grant sold 20,000 shares at $27.36 per share for a total value of $547,100 on Aug 01.
About the company: Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. is the holding company for Texas Capital Bank, NA. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and invests those funds in loans secured by single-family residential loans and commercial real estate, secured and unsecured commercial loans, and consumer loans. The Bank’s current primary market is the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area.
TransDigm Group Inc. (NYSE:TDG):
- Nicholas W Howley sold 45,000 shares at $89.70 per share for a total value of $4,036,713 on Aug 16.
- Bernt G Iversen II sold 12,500 shares at $85.87 per share for a total value of $1,073,375 on Aug 23.
- Robert J Small bought 31,583 shares at $87.43 per share for a total value of $2,761,302 on Aug 12.
- Robert J Small bought 22,678 shares at $90.24 per share for a total value of $2,046,463 on Aug 16.
About the company: TransDigm Group, Inc., through subsidiaries, manufactures aircraft components. The Company produces ignition systems and components, gear pumps, mechanical/electromechanical actuators and controls, NiCad batteries/chargers, power conditioning devices, hold-open rods and locking devices, engineered connectors and latches, cockpit security devices, and AC/DC electric motors.
Tenneco, Inc. (NYSE:TEN):
- Kenneth Trammell sold 45,000 shares at $33.67 per share for a total value of $1,515,200 on Aug 05.
About the company: Tenneco Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets emission control and ride control products and systems for the automotive original equipment market and the aftermarket The Company’s products include shocks and struts, shock absorbers, mufflers, and performance exhaust products, as well as noise, vibration, and harshness control components.
Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI):
- Joseph Silvestri bought 16,000 shares at $52.50 per share for a total value of $840,016 on Aug 02.
- Joseph Silvestri bought 21,300 shares at $49.86 per share for a total value of $1,061,933 on Aug 04.
About the company: Triumph Group, Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs, overhauls, and distributes aircraft components. These components include mechanical and electromechanical control systems, aircraft and engine accessories, auxiliary power units, avionics, and aircraft instruments. The Company serves commercial airlines, air cargo carriers, and various original equipment manufacturers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>