Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on insider sales registered with the SEC for the week ending Oct 21st, 2011:
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (NYSE:LGF): Carl Icahn sold 19,201,000 shares at a market price of $7.00 on Oct 13th 2011, for a total cost of $134,407,000. About the company: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. develops, produces, and distributes filmed entertainment content. The Company’s divisions produce motion pictures, television programming, animation, and digital media. Lions Gate distributes its films and other media in the United States, Canada, and internationally.
- Autozone Inc (NYSE:AZO): Edward Lampert sold 249,904 shares at market prices between $327.06 and $330.86 on Oct 14th 2011, for a total cost of $82,068,494. Edward Lampert sold 247,970 shares at market prices between $326.13 and $327.01 on Oct 18th 2011, for a total cost of $80,876,075. Edward Lampert sold 220,735 shares at market prices between $327.43 and $331.53 on Oct 11th 2011, for a total cost of $72,423,493. About the company: AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (NASDAQ:BBBY): Warren Eisenberg sold 600,000 shares at market prices between $60.54 and $60.67 on Oct 17th 2011, for a total cost of $36,360,960. Leonard Feinstein sold 400,000 shares at market prices between $60.54 and $60.67 on Oct 17th 2011, for a total cost of $24,240,640. Steven Temares sold 300,000 shares at market prices between $60.06 and $60.27 on Oct 12th 2011, for a total cost of $18,068,612. About the company: Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. operates a nationwide chain of retail stores. The Company, through its retail stores, sells a wide assortment of merchandise principally including domestics merchandise and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items and infant and toddler merchandise.
- Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG): Lawrence Page sold 27,778 shares at market prices between $547.95 and $555.00 on Oct 12th 2011, for a total cost of $15,291,241. About the company: Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches.
- Family Dollar Stores Inc (NYSE:FDO): Howard Levine sold 165,367 shares at a market price of $53.88 on Oct 11th 2011, for a total cost of $8,909,263. About the company: Family Dollar Stores, Inc. is a national discount store chain. The Company operates stores located throughout the United States that offer merchandise that includes consumables, home products, apparel and accessories, seasonal and electronics.
- Petsmart Inc (NASDAQ:PETM): Philip Francis sold 149,926 shares at market prices between $46.36 and $46.75 on Oct 18th 2011, for a total cost of $6,966,135. About the company: PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products and services for pets. The Company operates pet superstores in the United States and Canada, as well as a pet supply catalog business, and an equity interest in PetSmart.com. PetSmart provides pet food and supplies, and offers full-service veterinary, grooming and pet training services.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>