Wall St. Watchdog generated a stock screen looks at insider trading trends for the 10 largest companies, as measured by market capitalization, in the Conglomerates sector. The insider trading data cover the past six months.
“Insider net transactions” shows the general bullishness of company insiders. If more insider purchases than sales were made over the six month period, then this value is a positive number; conversely, if more insider sales than purchases were made, this value is a negative number. The further away from zero this value is, the more bullish (positive) or bearish (negative number) the company’s insiders. Obviously, a value of zero represents an equal number of sellers and buyers. Note, also, that the number of shares sold can exceed the number of shares purchased over the six month period, yet the “insider net transactions” number can be positive. The opposite can be true as well: the number of shares purchased can exceed the number of shares sold, yet the number of sale transactions can be greater than the number of purchase transactions.
Criteria for this stock screen are:
- Market capitalization greater than $1 billion
- Insider shares purchased is greater than 0
- Insider shares sold is greater than 0
Finally, note that the number of shares sold by insiders is shown as a negative number.
- Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:TYC): Insiders purchased 916,450 shares in the past 6 months, against insider sales of -873,270 over the past six months. Net transactions were 2 for the six month period. Insiders own 0% of the outstanding shares, of which there are 485,000,000. The stock recently traded at $46.63 and its market capitalization is $21,866,770,000. About the company: Tyco International Ltd. provides security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products. TYCO International Ltd. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Forecasts>>
- Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT): Insiders purchased 262,440 shares in the past 6 months, against insider sales of -120,680 over the past six months. Net transactions were 1 for the six month period. Insiders own 0% of the outstanding shares, of which there are 274,452,000. The stock recently traded at $24.69 and its market capitalization is $6,829,748,000. About the company: Textron Inc. is a global, multi-industry company with operations in aircraft, defense, industrial products, and finance. The Company’s products include airplanes, helicopters, weapons, and automotive products. Textron’s finance division offers asset based lending, aviation, distribution, golf, and resort finance, as well as structured capital.
- Matthews International Corporation (NASDAQ:MATW): Insiders purchased 48,960 shares in the past 6 months, against insider sales of -37,670 over the past six months. Net transactions were 5 for the six month period. Insiders own 1% of the outstanding shares, of which there are 29,655,800. The stock recently traded at $36.82 and its market capitalization is $1,086,678,000. About the company: Matthews International Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets custom-made identification products. The Company’s products include cast bronze memorials, mausoleums, granite memorials, architectural plaques, printing plates, imaging systems for the corrugated and flexible packaging industries, and caskets made of metal, wood, and other materials.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>