Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Bill Barrett Corp. (NYSE:BBG):
- Frederick J Barrett sold 37,973 shares at $45.51 per share for a total value of $1,728,221 on Aug 23.
About the company: Bill Barrett Corporation is an independent oil and gas company focused on natural gas exploration and development in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN):
- Jeffrey H Cooper sold 18,036 shares at $30.47 per share for a total value of $549,557 on Aug 02.
About the company: BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc. develops and commercializes therapeutic enzyme products. The Company has applied its proprietary enzyme technology to develop products for lysosomal storage diseases and for the treatments of serious burns. BioMarin’s subsidiary provides analytical and diagnostic products and services in the area of carbohydrate biology.
Berry Petroleum Co. (NYSE:BRY):
- Michael Duginski sold 10,000 shares at $58.65 per share for a total value of $586,475 on Aug 01.
- Robert Heinemann sold 10,000 shares at $51.09 per share for a total value of $510,922 on Aug 15.
- Robert Heinemann sold 10,000 shares at $50.68 per share for a total value of $506,837 on Aug 16.
- Martin H Young Jr sold 10,000 shares at $50.02 per share for a total value of $500,208 on Aug 16.
About the company: Berry Petroleum Company produces, explores for, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in Kern, Los Angeles, and Ventura counties in California.
Cabela’s Inc. (NYSE:CAB):
- Michael Copeland sold 22,814 shares at $26.39 per share for a total value of $602,007 on Aug 01.
About the company: Cabela’s Incorporated retails hunting, fishing, camping and outdoor sports products and apparel. The Company markets its products through its retail stores, website, and catalog. Cabela’s retail stores also offer in-house clinics associated with hunting, fishing, and camping.
The Cheesecake Factory Inc. (NASDAQ:CAKE):
- Herbert Simon bought 25,000 shares at $25.65 per share for a total value of $641,250 on Aug 08.
About the company: The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates casual dining restaurants under the name The Cheesecake Factory. The Company’s restaurants offer appetizers, sandwiches, pasta, various meats, and varieties of cheesecake. The Cheesecake Factory operates in the United States.
Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ:CATY):
- Anthony M Tang bought 579,985 shares at $10.68 per share for a total value of $6,194,240 on Aug 10.
- Anthony M Tang bought 155,400 shares at $10.80 per share for a total value of $1,678,320 on Aug 11.
- Anthony M Tang bought 264,615 shares at $11.40 per share for a total value of $3,016,611 on Aug 12.
About the company: Cathay General Bancorp is the holding company for Cathay Bank. The Bank accepts deposits and originates various loans, and offers trade financing, spot and forward contracts, internet banking, global investment services, and other services. Cathay Bank operates in California, New York, Texas, Washington, and Massachusetts.
Cavium Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAVM):
- Rajiv Khemani bought 20,000 shares at $25.96 per share for a total value of $519,200 on Aug 23.
About the company: Cavium Networks, Inc. provides semiconductor processors that enable intelligent networking, communications and security applications. The Company offers a broad portfolio of software compatible processors and accelerator boards ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps.
Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE:CCC):
- John S Stanik sold 45,000 shares at $15.60 per share for a total value of $702,000 on Aug 16.
About the company: Calgon Carbon Corporation manufactures and markets products and services employed for separation, concentration, and purification of liquids and gases. The Company serves customers around the world in a variety of areas, including drinking water and wastewater treatment, environmental remediation, industrial process applications, chemical manufacturing, refining, and air purification.
City Holding Co. (NASDAQ:CHCO):
- John R Elliot bought 32,516 shares at $30.02 per share for a total value of $976,085 on Aug 10.
- John R Elliot bought 27,300 shares at $30.32 per share for a total value of $827,747 on Aug 12.
About the company: City Hold Company is a multi-bank holding company. The Banks provide diversified financial products and services to consumers and local businesses in West Virginia, Ohio, and California. City Holding provides credit, deposit, investment advisory, securities brokerage, insurance, and technology products and services.
Chemed Corp. (NYSE:CHE):
- Kevin J McNamara sold 10,000 shares at $56.64 per share for a total value of $566,400 on Aug 04.
About the company: Chemed Corporation operates in the healthcare field through its subsidiary Vitas Healthcare Corporation. The Company also maintains a presence in the residential and commercial repair-and-maintenance-service industry under the names Roto-Rooter and Service America Network Inc.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>