Insiders and Financial Institutions Cashing Expedia’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Expedia Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Khosrowshahi Dara: act as CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/30/2011, sold 64,027 shares, worth $1,758,200.
- Khosrowshahi Dara: act as CEO. On 08/30/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $1,500,000.
- Khosrowshahi Dara: act as CEO. On 11/07/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $1,413,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Expedia Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SOUTHEASTERN ASSET MANAGEMENT INC/TN/: On 06/30/2011, held 4,262,918 shares, worth $122,942,555. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TPG-AXON MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,950,000 shares, worth $113,918,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,401,690 shares, worth $40,424,740. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 935,000 shares, worth $26,965,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 299,542 shares, worth $8,638,791. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Expedia, Inc. provides branded online travel services for leisure and small business travelers. The Company offers a wide range of travel shopping and reservation services, providing real-time access to schedule, pricing and availability information for airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
Competitors to Watch: Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:OWW), Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO), priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN), MakeMyTrip Limited (NASDAQ:MMYT), Ctrip.com Intl., Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP), eLong, Inc. (NASDAQ:LONG).
(Note: Data regarding Expedia Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>