Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Zions Bancorp. (NASDAQ:ZION).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Zions Bancorp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mclean Scott J: act as Subsidiary CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 08/30/2011, bought 29,000 shares, worth $496,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Zions Bancorp. in Q3 2011:
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,740,752 shares, worth $24,492,381.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,123,149 shares, worth $15,802,706.
- ARROWGRASS CAPITAL PARTNERS (US) LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 988,800 shares, worth $13,912,416.
- WEISS MULTI-STRATEGY ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 750,000 shares, worth $10,552,500.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 719,905 shares, worth $10,129,063.
About the company: Zions Bancorporation is a bank holding company that operates full-service banking offices in western United States. The Company also offers an array of investment, mortgage, insurance, and electronic commerce services. In addition, Zions provides financing solutions for small businesses across the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Glacier Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:GBCI), CoBiz Financial Inc (NASDAQ:COBZ), First State Bancorp., NM (FSNM), TCF Financial Corporation (NYSE:TCB), Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), HSBC (NYSE:HBC), The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE:BK), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), PNC (NYSE:PNC), Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION), Financials (NYSE:XLF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC).
(Note: Data regarding Zions Bancorp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>