Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Ecolab Inc. (NYSE:ECL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Ecolab Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Inchaustegui Roberto: act as EVP-Global Specialty Sector. On 10/28/2011, sold 23,600 shares, worth $1,298,000.
- Levin Jerry W: act as Director. On 10/27/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $220,400.
- Mason Phillip J: act as President, EMEA Sector. On 09/13/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $150,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Ecolab Inc. in Q3 2011:
- UNITED STATES STEEL & CARNEGIE PENSION FD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,500,000 shares, worth $84,285,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,002,498 shares, worth $56,330,363. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BAILLIE GIFFORD & CO: On 06/30/2011, held 983,390 shares, worth $55,256,684. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO: On 06/30/2011, held 866,312 shares, worth $48,678,071. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CHAMPLAIN INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 393,670 shares, worth $22,120,317. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Ecolab Inc. develops and markets products and services for the hospitality, institutional, and industrial markets. The Company provides cleaning, sanitizing, pest elimination, and maintenance products, systems, and services. Ecolab provides its services to hotels and restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, light industry, and other customers located worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Ocean Bio-Chem, Inc. (NASDAQ:OBCI), Zep, Inc. (NYSE:ZEP), PURE Bioscience (NASDAQ:PURE), Rollins, Inc. (NYSE:ROL), Proctor & Gamble (NYSE:PG), The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX) and Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD).
(Note: Data regarding Ecolab Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>