Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold EMC Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Tucci Joseph M: act as Chairman, President and CEO. On 07/21/2011, sold 575,000 shares, worth $15,789,500.
- Tucci Joseph M: act as Chairman, President and CEO. On 10/21/2011, sold 350,000 shares, worth $8,400,000.
- Tucci Joseph M: act as Chairman, President and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/10/2011, sold 246,027 shares, worth $5,907,100.
- Teuber William J Jr: act as Vice Chairman. On 07/22/2011, sold 200,000 shares, worth $5,556,000.
- Teuber William J Jr: act as Vice Chairman. On 10/21/2011, sold 125,596 shares, worth $3,039,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of EMC Corporation in Q3 2011:
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,001,000 shares, worth $110,227,550. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,490,209 shares, worth $68,605,258. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,220,100 shares, worth $61,163,755. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DISCOVERY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC / CT: On 06/30/2011, held 2,045,200 shares, worth $56,345,260. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BOSTON TRUST & INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO: On 06/30/2011, held 1,181,960 shares, worth $32,562,998. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
(Note: Data regarding EMC Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>