Insiders and Funds Selling St. Jude Medical Shares
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of St. Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold St. Jude Medical Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Starks Daniel J: act as Chairman, CEO & President(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 07/28/2011, sold 55,000 shares, worth $2,587,800.
- Starks Daniel J: act as Chairman, CEO & President. On 07/26/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $2,389,000.
- Northenscold Thomas R: act as VP, IT and CIO. On 08/16/2011, sold 19,000 shares, worth $818,500.
- Northenscold Thomas R: act as VP, IT and CIO. On 11/15/2011, sold 19,000 shares, worth $748,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of St. Jude Medical Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ATALANTA SOSNOFF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,643,974 shares, worth $125,377,247. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,444,300 shares, worth $68,488,706. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CORNERSTONE INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,271,105 shares, worth $60,275,799. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DEERFIELD MANAGEMENT CO /NY: On 06/30/2011, held 1,159,000 shares, worth $54,959,780. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes medical devices for the worldwide cardiovascular market. The Company serves patients and its health care customers with products and services including heart valves, cardiac rhythm management systems, specialty catheters, and other cardiovascular devices.
Competitors to Watch: Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), Edwards Lifesciences Corp (NYSE:EW), Hansen Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:HNSN), Greatbatch Inc. (NYSE:GB), Cardima, Inc. (CADMQ), AtriCure Inc. (NASDAQ:ATRC), Volcano Corporation (NASDAQ:VOLC), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), and Stereotaxis, Inc. (NASDAQ:STXS).
(Note: Data regarding St. Jude Medical Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>