Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Torchmark Corp. (NYSE:TMK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Torchmark Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Newton Lloyd W: act as Director. On 08/17/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $72,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Torchmark Corp. in Q3 2011:
- HOTCHKIS & WILEY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 906,600 shares, worth $31,495,284.
- SYMPHONY ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 126,794 shares, worth $4,404,824.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 123,790 shares, worth $4,300,465.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 117,000 shares, worth $4,064,580.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 105,211 shares, worth $3,655,030.
About the company: Torchmark Corporation is an insurance and financial services holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries offer life and health insurance, and annuities. Life products include traditional and interest sensitive whole life insurance as well as term life insurance. Health products include Medicare supplement, cancer, accident, long-term care, and limited hospital and surgical coverages.
Competitors to Watch: CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), UTG, Inc. (UTGN), MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), Penn Treaty American Corp. (PTYA), Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC), Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), Presidential Life Corp (NASDAQ:PLFE), StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFG), Kansas City Life Insurance Co (NASDAQ:KCLI), American International Group (NYSE:AIG) and National Western Life Insurance Co. (NASDAQ:NWLI).
(Note: Data regarding Torchmark Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>