Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE:MRK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Merck & Co. Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Frazier Kenneth C: act as President & CEO. On 08/15/2011, bought 32,000 shares, worth $1,017,000.
- Kellogg Peter N: act as Exe V-P & CFO. On 08/12/2011, bought 15,800 shares, worth $502,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Merck & Co. Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 11,538,850 shares, worth $377,320,395.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,344,168 shares, worth $109,354,294.
- SECTORAL ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,412,025 shares, worth $78,873,218.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,958,698 shares, worth $64,049,425.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,409,762 shares, worth $46,099,217.
About the company: Merck & Co., Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of human and animal health products. Merck’s products include a treatment for elevated cholesterol, a treatment for male pattern hair loss, a preventive treatment for osteoporosis, a treatment for hypertension, and a treatment for allergic rhinitis.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), and Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS).
(Note: Data regarding Merck & Co. Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>