Insiders and Institutional Investors Cashing Altria Group’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Altria Group Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Keane Denise F.: act as EVP & General Counsel. On 11/23/2011, sold 25,000 shares, worth $677,000.
- Johnson Craig A.: act as Pres&CEO, Altria Grp Dist. Co.(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 07/29/2011, sold 21,000 shares, worth $552,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Altria Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,633,204 shares, worth $42,463,304. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,035,253 shares, worth $26,916,578. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 833,878 shares, worth $21,680,828. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OMERS ADMINISTRATION CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 779,945 shares, worth $20,278,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIRTUS INVESTMENT ADVISERS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 730,000 shares, worth $18,980,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
Competitors to Watch: Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI), Lorillard Inc. (NYSE:LO), Philip Morris Intl. Inc. (NYSE:PM), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (ITYBY), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI), and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Altria Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>