Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Hershey Co. (NYSE:HSY).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Hershey Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bilbrey John P: act as President and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/26/2011, sold 53,000 shares, worth $3,180,000.
- Buck Michele: act as SVP Chief Growth Officer. On 09/16/2011, sold 12,143 shares, worth $720,300.
- Tacka David W: act as VP CAO. On 09/26/2011, sold 11,176 shares, worth $670,000.
- Buck Michele: act as SVP Global Chief Mktg. Officer. On 08/30/2011, sold 7,683 shares, worth $447,900.
- Buck Michele: act as SVP Global Chief Mktg. Officer. On 08/24/2011, sold 7,684 shares, worth $445,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Hershey Co. in Q3 2011:
- NEW AMSTERDAM PARTNERS LLC/NY: On 06/30/2011, held 857,248 shares, worth $48,134,475. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ASCEND CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 453,681 shares, worth $25,474,188. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 305,667 shares, worth $17,163,202. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 286,653 shares, worth $16,095,566. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 278,453 shares, worth $15,635,136. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: The Hershey Company manufactures chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s principal products include confectionery and snack products; gum and mint refreshment products; and food and beverage enhancers such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages.
Competitors to Watch: Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE:KFT), Snyder S Lance Inc (NASDAQ:LNCE), John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBSS), Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TR), Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Inc. (NASDAQ:RMCF), Diamond Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ:DMND), Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RAH), The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAIN), General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), and The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM).
(Note: Data regarding Hershey Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>