Insiders and Institutional Investors Reducing BlackRock Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold BlackRock, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bank Of America Corp /de/: act as Director. On 10/19/2011, sold 10,386 shares, worth $1,586,000.
- Bank Of America Corp /de/: act as Director. On 09/30/2011, sold 2,337 shares, worth $350,600.
- Charrington N. James: act as Senior Managing Director. On 10/24/2011, sold 2,000 shares, worth $313,100.
- Bank Of America Corp /de/: act as Director. On 08/03/2011, sold 1,569 shares, worth $297,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of BlackRock, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MAVERICK CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,432,083 shares, worth $272,425,149. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OWL CREEK ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,363,354 shares, worth $259,350,831. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,016,100 shares, worth $193,292,703. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $114,138,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- YORK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT GLOBAL ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 435,801 shares, worth $82,902,424. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: BlackRock, Inc. provides diversified investment management services to institutional clients and to retail investors through various investment vehicles. The Company offers the BlackRock Funds and Blackrock Liquidity Funds, and also provides risk management services to fixed income institutional investors.
Competitors to Watch: Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), American Intl. Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Invesco Ltd. (NYSE:IVZ), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (NYSE:AMG), and Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN).
(Note: Data regarding BlackRock, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>