Insiders and Institutional Investors Selling Boston Scientific Shares
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Boston Scientific Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Pierce David A: act as SVP and President, Endoscopy. On 11/04/2011, sold 15,869 shares, worth $91,600.
- Connors Nelda J: act as Director. On 11/14/2011, sold 2,500 shares, worth $14,600.
- Pedersen John B.: act as Pres, Uro & Women’s Health. On 08/11/2011, sold 2,061 shares, worth $12,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Boston Scientific Corporation in Q3 2011:
- WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,907,575 shares, worth $20,091,343. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WILLIS INVESTMENT COUNSEL: On 06/30/2011, held 1,262,312 shares, worth $8,722,576. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ACCIPITER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 897,367 shares, worth $6,200,806. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 891,459 shares, worth $6,159,982. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 662,896 shares, worth $4,580,611. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets minimally invasive medical devices. The Company’s products are used in interventional cardiology, cardiac rhythm management, peripheral interventions, electrophysiology, neurovascular intervention, endoscopy, urology, gynecology and neuromodulation.
Competitors to Watch: Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE:STJ), Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:MMSI), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), AngioDynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANGO), and The Spectranetics Corp. (NASDAQ:SPNC).
(Note: Data regarding Boston Scientific Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>