Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Torchmark Corp. (NYSE:TMK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Torchmark Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- King Andrew W: act as Exec. Officer of Principal Sub. On 11/22/2011, sold 95,712 shares, worth $3,976,800.
- Mcandrew Mark S: act as CEO. On 11/07/2011, sold 80,000 shares, worth $3,366,400.
- Hutchison Larry M: act as EVP & General Counsel. On 11/11/2011, sold 70,000 shares, worth $2,955,400.
- Hutchison Larry M: act as EVP & General Counsel. On 10/31/2011, sold 70,000 shares, worth $2,905,700.
- Coleman Gary L: act as EVP & CFO. On 11/11/2011, sold 68,000 shares, worth $2,892,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Torchmark Corp. in Q3 2011:
- BARROW HANLEY MEWHINNEY & STRAUSS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,184,760 shares, worth $50,482,624. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 321,692 shares, worth $13,707,296. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LEUTHOLD WEEDEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 269,192 shares, worth $11,470,271. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 153,972 shares, worth $6,560,747. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OXFORD ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 110,379 shares, worth $4,703,249. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Torchmark Corporation is an insurance and financial services holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries offer life and health insurance, and annuities. Life products include traditional and interest sensitive whole life insurance as well as term life insurance. Health products include Medicare supplement, cancer, accident, long-term care, and limited hospital and surgical coverages.
Competitors to Watch: CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), UTG, Inc. (UTGN), MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), Penn Treaty American Corp. (PTYA), Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC), Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), Presidential Life Corp (NASDAQ:PLFE), StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFG), Kansas City Life Insurance Co (NASDAQ:KCLI), American International Group (NYSE:AIG) and National Western Life Insurance Co. (NASDAQ:NWLI).
(Note: Data regarding Torchmark Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>