Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Sherwin-Williams Co. (NYSE:SHW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Sherwin-Williams Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Davisson Robert J: act as President, Paint Stores Group. On 11/29/2011, sold 8,500 shares, worth $717,700.
- Mccullough Gary E: act as Director. On 11/30/2011, sold 5,500 shares, worth $468,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Sherwin-Williams Co. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,467,474 shares, worth $121,961,764. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SOUTHPOINT CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $49,866,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IRIDIAN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC/CT: On 06/30/2011, held 472,333 shares, worth $39,255,596. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FIRST EAGLE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 191,600 shares, worth $15,923,876. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCHRODER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT GROUP: On 06/30/2011, held 172,400 shares, worth $14,328,164. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: The Sherwin-Williams Company manufactures, distributes, and sells paints, coatings, and related products. The Company’s products are sold to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America. Sherwin Williams also has additional operations in the Caribbean region, Europe and Asia.
Competitors to Watch: PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG), The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD), Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW), The Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL), RPM International Inc. (NYSE:RPM), Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO), Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDR).
(Note: Data regarding Sherwin-Williams Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>