Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO).
SEC data indicate that these insiders have sold Yahoo! Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Filo David: act as Chief Yahoo. On 07/06/2011, sold 166,500 shares, worth $2,610,700. On 08/02/2011, sold 366,500 shares, worth $4,775,500. On 09/14/2011, sold 166,500 shares, worth $2,420,900. On 10/24/2011, sold 166,500 shares, worth $2,757,200. On 11/21/2011, sold 366,500 shares, worth $5,490,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Yahoo! Inc. in Q3 2011:
- NEUBERGER BERMAN GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 10,676,183 shares, worth $160,569,792. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MAVERICK CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 5,816,138 shares, worth $87,474,716. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEW YORK STATE COMMON RETIREMENT FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 4,352,747 shares, worth $65,465,315. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ROYAL BANK OF CANADA: On 06/30/2011, held 3,731,608 shares, worth $56,123,384. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,288,349 shares, worth $49,456,769. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Yahoo! Inc. is a global Internet media company that offers an online guide to Web navigation, aggregated information content, communication services, and commerce. The Company’s site includes a hierarchical, subject-based directory of Web sites, which enables users to locate and access information and services through hypertext links included in the directory.
Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL), IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ:IACI), Rediff.com India Ltd. (NASDAQ:REDF), Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU), Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), InfoSpace, Inc. (NASDAQ:INSP), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), and Demand Media Inc (NYSE:DMD).
(Note: Data regarding Yahoo! Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>