Insiders and Institutions Selling Newmont Mining’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Newmont Mining Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Obrien Richard T: act as Director, President & CEO. On 09/13/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $2,528,800.
- Lansdown Guy L P: act as EVP, Discovery and Development. On 09/20/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $1,360,000.
- Lansdown Guy L P: act as EVP, Discovery and Development. On 09/08/2011, sold 12,500 shares, worth $825,000.
- Santa Cruz Carlos: act as SVP, South American Operations. On 08/22/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $630,700.
- Huspeni Jeffrey R: act as SVP, Asia Pacific Operations. On 08/22/2011, sold 7,750 shares, worth $488,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Newmont Mining Corp. in Q3 2011:
- RWC ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 5,000,000 shares, worth $268,600,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PRIMECAP MANAGEMENT CO/CA/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,360,954 shares, worth $73,110,449. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALLEGHANY CORP /DE: On 06/30/2011, held 1,200,000 shares, worth $64,464,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ING GROEP NV: On 06/30/2011, held 705,401 shares, worth $37,894,142. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 673,039 shares, worth $36,155,655. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Newmont Mining Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company produces gold from operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Canada, New Zealand and Mexico. Newmont also mines and processes copper in Indonesia.
Competitors to Watch: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX), Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG), AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. (NYSE:AU), Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE:KGC). Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ:RGLD), Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX), Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (AMEX:ANV), Vista Gold Corp. (AMEX:VGZ), Paramount Gold and Silver Corp. (AMEX:PZG), Midway Gold Corp. (AMEX:MDW), Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM), Jaguar Mining Inc. (NYSE:JAG), ishares Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) and Gold Reserve Inc. (AMEX:GRZ).
(Note: Data regarding Newmont Mining Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>