Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold CSX Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fitzsimmons Ellen M: act as SVP, General Counsel, Corp Sec. On 07/22/2011, sold 320,000 shares, worth $8,137,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CSX Corp. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,754,700 shares, worth $71,401,824. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,021,831 shares, worth $26,485,860. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SEIZERT CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 854,075 shares, worth $22,137,624. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FINDLAY PARK PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 732,000 shares, worth $18,973,440. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 595,701 shares, worth $15,440,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
Competitors to Watch: Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC), Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP), Kansas City Southern (NYSE:KSU), Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR), Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. (NASDAQ:PWX), Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC (BNI), Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI), Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. (NYSE:CP), and Pioneer Railcorp (PRRR).
(Note: Data regarding CSX Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>