Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought VMware, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Emc Corp: act as 10% Owner. On 08/09/2011, bought 741,900 shares, worth $63,269,200.
- Emc Corp: act as 10% Owner. On 08/18/2011, bought 595,918 shares, worth $47,989,300.
- Emc Corp: act as 10% Owner. On 08/23/2011, bought 369,424 shares, worth $29,040,400.
- Emc Corp: act as 10% Owner. On 09/26/2011, bought 274,249 shares, worth $23,097,300.
- Emc Corp: act as 10% Owner. On 08/04/2011, bought 227,532 shares, worth $21,426,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of VMware, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,065,950 shares, worth $166,061,061.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,326,737 shares, worth $106,643,120.
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,191,577 shares, worth $95,778,959.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 577,769 shares, worth $46,441,072.
- FIL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 215,080 shares, worth $17,288,130.
About the company: VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. The Company’s solution products addresses a range of IT problems, which includes cost and operational inefficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management.
Competitors to Watch: Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSFT), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), and LogMeIn, Inc. (NASDAQ:LOGM).
(Note: Data regarding VMware, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>