Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C).
SEC data indicate that these insiders have sold Citigroup, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Havens John P: act as President and COO. On 10/27/2011, sold 110,000 shares, worth $3,520,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Citigroup, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DIMENSIONAL FUND ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 15,495,653 shares, worth $644,929,078. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LSV ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 11,725,953 shares, worth $488,034,164. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEW YORK STATE COMMON RETIREMENT FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 10,223,511 shares, worth $425,502,528. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BROOKSIDE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 8,477,790 shares, worth $352,845,620. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSICO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 6,188,099 shares, worth $257,548,680. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
Competitors to Watch: Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS).
(Note: Data regarding Citigroup, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>