Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Office Depot, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Austrian Neil R: act as Chairman & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 08/30/2011, bought 100,000 shares, worth $252,000.
- Hedrick W Scott: act as Director. On 10/31/2011, bought 50,000 shares, worth $120,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Office Depot, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,672,522 shares, worth $9,625,395.
- ALDEN GLOBAL CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,600,000 shares, worth $3,296,000.
- HBK INVESTMENTS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,115,300 shares, worth $2,297,518.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $2,060,000.
- MARATHON ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 887,397 shares, worth $1,828,038.
About the company: Office Depot, Inc. operates a chain of office product warehouse stores in North America, Europe, Asia and Central America. The Company sells branded merchandise and provides business services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses and the home office market.
Competitors to Watch: Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS), OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE:OMX), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Walgreens (NYSE:WAG), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP), Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM), Pier one Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR), and Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE:BIG).
(Note: Data regarding Office Depot, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>