Insiders are Buying Shares of these 9 Companies in September
As the Dow Jones slides 105 points and the S&P lowers 14 points today, Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on insider buys registered with the SEC for the week ending Sep 23rd, 2011:
- Aruba Networks Inc (NASDAQ:ARUN): Leone, Douglas bought 351,931 shares at market prices between $20.11 and $20.49 on Sep 20th 2011, for a total cost of $7,126,371. About the company: Aruba Networks Inc. provides enterprise mobility solutions that enables secure access to data, voice and video applications across wireless and wireline enterprise networks.
- Smithfield Foods Inc (NYSE:SFD): Luter, Joseph bought 200,000 shares at a market price of $19.09 on Sep 20th 2011, for a total cost of $3,818,000. About the company: Smithfield Foods, Inc. processes pork and produces hogs through its meat processing and hog production groups. The Company also produces and markets a range of branded food products such as frozen barbecues and chilies, peanuts, and pork products. Smithfield’s products are sold on a wholesale basis, through catalogs, through its retail stores, and via the Internet.
- Evolution Petroleum Corp (AMEX:EPM): Lovoi, John bought 219,193 shares at market prices between $6.74 and $7.02 on Sep 13th 2011, for a total cost of $1,498,998. About the company: Evolution Petroleum Corporation explores for and produces oil and gas. The Company focuses on acquiring established oil and gas fields and applying specialized technology to increase production rates.
- Pg&E Corp (NYSE:PCG): Earley, Anthony bought 36,600 shares at a market price of $40.80 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $1,493,280. About the company: PG&E Corporation is a holding company that holds interests in energy based businesses. The Company’s holdings include a public utility operating in northern and central California that provides electricity and natural gas distribution; electricity generation, procurement, and transmission; and natural gas procurement, transportation, and storage.
- Layne Christensen Co (NASDAQ:LAYN): Robichaud, Rene bought 42,131 shares at market prices between $23.69 and $23.76 on Sep 19th 2011, for a total cost of $1,000,763. About the company: Layne Christensen Company provides water well drilling, mineral exploration drilling, geotechnical construction, oil and gas services, and related products and services. The company’s customers include municipalities, industrial, oil, gas, and mining companies, and consulting and engineering firms located in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Africa, and South America.
- Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc (NYSE:UBP): Urstadt, Charles bought 57,500 shares at market prices between $15.41 and $15.45 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $888,371. About the company: Urstadt Biddle Properties is a real estate investment trust. The Company is engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of commercial real estate, primarily neighborhood and community shopping centers in the northeastern United States. The Company also owns office and retail buildings and industrial properties.
- Colfax Corp (NYSE:CFX): Jordan, Rhonda bought 25,000 shares at market prices between $22.97 and $23.16 on Sep 19th 2011, for a total cost of $577,672. About the company: Colfax Corporation manufactures a broad range of fluid handling products, including pumps, fluid handling systems and specialty valves. The Company specializes in rotary positive displacement pumps, which include screw pumps, gear pumps and progressive cavity pumps.
- Valhi Inc (NYSE:VHI): Simmons, Harold bought 10,000 shares at market prices between $53.77 and $54.00 on Sep 20th 2011, for a total cost of $539,299. Simmons, Harold bought 10,000 shares at market prices between $53.00 and $53.60 on Sep 21st 2011, for a total cost of $533,000. About the company: Valhi, Inc. is involved in the titanium dioxide pigments, component products, titanium metals products, and waste management industries. The Company produces titanium dioxide pigments, titanium metals products, ergonomic computer support systems, and precision ball bearing slides. Valhi also owns and operates a facility for the processing, treatment, and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Lincare Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:LNCR): Byrnes , John bought 25,000 shares at a market price of $20.86 on Sep 19th 2011, for a total cost of $521,500. About the company: Lincare Holdings Inc. provides oxygen and other respiratory therapy services to patients in the home. The Company’s patients typically suffer from emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or asthma. The Company serves customers throughout the United States through its operating centers.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>