Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on insider sales registered with the SEC for the week ending Oct 14th, 2011:
- Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG): Sergey Brin sold 83,334 shares at market prices between $480.94 and $502.20 on Oct 4th 2011, for a total cost of $40,745,809. Page, Lawrence sold 55,556 shares at market prices between $525.18 and $546.00 on Oct 10th 2011, for a total cost of $29,836,212. About the company: Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches.
- Qualcomm Inc (NASDAQ:QCOM): Irwin Jacobs sold 116,064 shares at a market price of $51.81 on Oct 11th 2011, for a total cost of $6,013,113. About the company: QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content.
- Progress Software Corp (NASDAQ:PRGS): Richard Reidy sold 258,334 shares at market prices between $19.80 and $20.11 on Oct 7th 2011, for a total cost of $5,153,426. About the company: Progress Software Corporation develops, markets, and distributes application development, deployment, and integration software to business, industry, and government worldwide. The Company’s products include databases, application servers, messaging servers, and development tools for Internet/Web, extranet, and intranet applications as well as for client/server and host applications.
- Gilead Sciences Inc (NASDAQ:GILD): John Martin sold 92,320 shares at a market price of $40.00 on Oct 10th 2011, for a total cost of $3,693,169. About the company: Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The Company’s primary arees of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc (NASDAQ:ULTA): Gregg Bodnar sold 50,000 shares at a market price of $69.19 on Oct 10th 2011, for a total cost of $3,459,440. About the company: Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. sells cosmetics, fragrances, skin and hair care products, appliances, and accessories. The Company also offers hair salon services, manicures, pedicures, massages, and other beauty & spa treatments.
- Scotts Miracle Gro Co (NYSE:SMG): James Hagerdon sold 63,416 shares at market prices between $44.51 and $44.88 on Oct 11th 2011, for a total cost of $2,835,933. About the company: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company markets branded consumer lawn and garden products, as well as a full range of products for professional horticulture. The Company manufactures and markets fertilizers, pest controls, plant foods, gardening soils, grass seed, and other products in North America and Europe. Scotts Miracle-Gro also provides lawn service in the United States.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (NYSE:RAX): Lewis Moorman sold 74,750 shares at a market price of $34.98 on Oct 5th 2011, for a total cost of $2,614,613. About the company: Rackspace Hosting, Inc. delivers websites, web-based IT systems, and provides related services.
- Avalonbay Communities Inc (NYSE:AVB): Bryce Blair sold 21,400 shares at market prices between $118.76 and $120.75 on Oct 10th 2011, for a total cost of $2,562,406. About the company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (NASDAQ:LULU): Dennis Wilson sold 50,000 shares at a market price of $50.00 on Oct 5th 2011, for a total cost of $2,500,000. About the company: Lululemon Athletica Inc designs and retails athletic clothing. The Company produces fitness pants, shorts, tops and jackets for yoga, dance, running, and general fitness.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>