Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about insider trades in the constituent companies of the S&P 500 for September 22nd and September 23rd.
- D Bruce Sewell, who is SVP, General Counsel, and Secretary at Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), sold 13,572 shares on Sep 22 at $403.77 per share for a total value of $5,479,949. About the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- Arnaldo Perez, who is SVP, General Counsel & Secretary at Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL), sold 18,000 shares on Sep 22 at $31.59 per share for a total value of $568,620. About the company: Carnival Corporation owns and operates cruise ships offering cruises to all major vacation destinations including North America, the United Kingdom, Germany, Southern Europe, South America and Asia/Pacific. The Company, through a subsidiary also owns and operates hotels and lodges.
- Ronda E Stryker, who is a Director at Stryker Corp. (NYSE:SYK), sold 9,000 shares on Sep 22 at $45.94 per share for a total value of $413,452. About the company: Stryker Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty surgical and medical products. The Company’s products include implants, biologics; surgical, neurologic, ear, nose & throat and interventional pain equipment; endoscopic, surgical navigation, communications and digital imaging systems; as well as patient handling and emergency medical equipment.
- Graham Smith, who is the Chief Financial Officer at Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), sold 1,000 shares on Sep 23 at $117.84 per share for a total value of $117,840. About the company: Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customer, sales and operational data.
- Hilarie A. Koplow, who is EVP, Worldwide Sales at Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), sold 500 shares on Sep 22 at $120.34 per share for a total value of $60,170. About the company: Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customer, sales and operational data.
- Bryce Blair, who is the CEO at Avalonbay Communities Inc. (NYSE:AVB), sold 10,400 shares on Sep 22 at $115.55 per share for a total value of $1,201,772. About the company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
- Johnathan H Short, who is Senior Vice President, General Counsel. & Corporate Secretary at IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), sold 1,350 shares on Sep 23 at $122.53 per share for a total value of $165,416. About the company: IntercontinentalExchange Inc. operates global commodity and financial products marketplaces. The Company operates electronic energy markets and soft commodity exchanges as well. ICE offers access to contracts based on crude oil and refined products, natural gas, power and emissions, as well as agricultural commodities including cocoa, coffee, cotton, orange juice, and sugar.
- Daniel J Jr Carroll, who is a Director at Pall Corp. (NYSE:PLL), bought 4,000 shares on Sep 22 at $41.41 per share for a total value of $165,640. About the company: Pall Corporation is a supplier of filtration, separation and purification technologies. The Company utilizes proprietary filter media and other fluid clarification and separation equipment for the removal of solid, liquid, and gaseous contaminants.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>