Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Penn National Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ:PENN):
- Steven T. Snyder sold 15,000 shares at $42.19 per share for a total value of $632,850 on Aug 01.
About the company: Penn National Gamins, Inc. owns and operates Charles Town Races in West Virginia which features slot machines, casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana. The Company also owns racetracks and off-track wagering facilities in Pennsylvania, as well as manages a gaming facility in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Polypore International, Inc. (NYSE:PPO):
- Pierre Hauswald sold 20,000 shares at $69.31 per share for a total value of $1,386,200 on Aug 01.
About the company: Polypore International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets specialized polymer-based membranes used in separation and filtration processes. The Company serves customers globally with manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Progress Software Corp. (NASDAQ:PRGS):
- Richard Reidy sold 62,499 shares at $22.73 per share for a total value of $1,420,290 on Aug 03.
About the company: Progress Software Corporation develops, markets, and distributes application development, deployment, and integration software to business, industry, and government worldwide. The Company’s products include databases, application servers, messaging servers, and development tools for Internet/Web, extranet, and intranet applications as well as for client/server and host applications.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOR):
- Stephen LaHue Cartt sold 85,968 shares at $31.06 per share for a total value of $2,669,758 on Aug 11.
- Stephen LaHue Cartt sold 47,155 shares at $31.50 per share for a total value of $1,485,383 on Aug 15.
About the company: Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. develops and commercializes novel central nervous system-focused therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs. The Company’s primary product is a natural source adrenocorticotropic hormone indicated for the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, as well as a number of other conditions.
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RAH):
- David P Skarie sold 6,108 shares at $83.35 per share for a total value of $509,113 on Aug 17.
About the company: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. produces a variety of store brand foods that are sold under the individual labels of various grocery, mass merchandise, and drug store retailers. The Company’s products include cereals, crackers and cookies, snack nuts, chocolate candy, salad dressings, mayonnaise, peanut butter, jams, syrups, and sauces. Ralcorp also holds a partial interest in Vail Resorts, Inc.
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. (NYSE:RCL):
- Richard D Fain bought 66,000 shares at $22.72 per share for a total value of $1,499,533 on Aug 26.
About the company: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise company operating a fleet of vessels in the cruise vacation industry. The Company operates through brands which primarily serve the contemporary, premium and deluxe segments of the cruise vacation industry, which also includes the budget and luxury segments.
Elizabeth Arden, Inc. (NASDAQ:RDEN):
- Joel B Ronkin sold 18,745 shares at $31.44 per share for a total value of $589,249 on Aug 16.
About the company: Elizabeth Arden, Inc. manufactures, distributes, and markets prestige fragrances and related skin treatment and cosmetic products for men and women. The Company’s fragrance brands include Red Door, White Diamonds, Grey Flannel, Halston, Guerlain, and Nautica. Elizabeth Arden’s skin care brands include Ceramides, Visible Difference, and Millenium.
Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE:REG):
- David P O’Connor bought 25,000 shares at $35.49 per share for a total value of $887,220 on Aug 08.
About the company: Regency Centers Corporation is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust that owns and operates grocery anchored neighborhood retail centers. The Company currently owns and operates properties in various states located throughout the United States.
Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ:RGLD):
- Karen Gross sold 21,733 shares at $72.43 per share for a total value of $1,574,121 on Aug 22.
- Oden Howells, Jr. sold 15,000 shares at $70.33 per share for a total value of $1,054,950 on Aug 24.
About the company: Royal Gold, Inc. acquires and manages precious metals royalties. The Company seeks to acquire existing royalties or to finance projects that are in production or near production in exchange for royalty interests. Royal Gold Inc.’s gold-focused portfolio contains royalties ranging from those in production and development to those in the evaluation and exploration stages.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. (NYSE:RGR):
- John A Cosentino Jr sold 23,844 shares at $30.29 per share for a total value of $722,211 on Aug 22.
About the company: Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. designs, manufactures and sells firearms and precision metal investment castings. The company’s firearms products include rifles, shotguns, pistols, and revolvers. The Company’s titanium and ferrous investment castings are utilized in the production for a wide variety of markets including golf clubs and sporting goods, commercial, and military.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>