Insiders Just Sold Shares in These Companies This Week
Following is information on insider trades filed with the SEC on April 20th with the following companies:
- Bank Mutual Corporation (NASDAQ:BKMU): Richard Allen Brown, who is a director, bought 1,000 shares at a market price of $3.66. He presently holds 16,200 shares in the company. About the company: Bank Mutual Corporation is the holding company of Bank Mutual. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and invests those deposits in residential mortgage loans, consumer loans, multi-family and commercial real estate loans, and commercial business loans. Bank Mutual operates in the southern and northwestern parts of Wisconsin.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (NASDAQ:CTSH): John Nelson Fox Jr., who is a Director, exercised 1,500 options at a cost of $31.76, for a total cost of $47,640. He presently holds 1,500 shares in the company. About the company: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides custom Information Technology (NYSE:IT) consulting and technology services as well as outsourcing services. The Company’s core competencies include technology strategy consulting, complex systems development, enterprise software package implementation and maintenance, data warehousing and business intelligence. Wall St. Cheat Sheet Premium Stock Selection>>
- Concur Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:CNQR): Rajeev Singh, who is President & Chief Operating Officer, exercised 5,000 options at a cost of $1.78 per option for a total cost of $8,900. He subsequently sold 5,000 shares at a market price of $54.66 per share for proceeds of $273,286. He presently holds 87,795 shares in the company. About the company: Concur Technologies, Inc. provides workplace eCommerce software and services that extend automation to employees, partners, vendors, and service providers. The Company’s Concur eWorkplace product integrates its suite of workplace e-Commerce solutions and provides a portal through which employees can
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN): Frank W. Rudolph, who is Executive Vice President, Human Resources, sold 1,110 shares at a market price of $86.01 per share, for net proceeds of 94,611. He presently holds 37,661 shares in the company. About the company: Devon Energy Corporation is an independent energy company that is involved primarily in oil and gas exploration, development and production, the transportation of oil, gas, and NGLs and the processing of natural gas. The Company also has marketing and midstream operations primarily in North America that include gas, crude oil and NGLs.
- Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. (NYSE:EBS): Fuad El-Hibri, who is Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, sold 35,411 shares at market prices between $23.20 and $24.07, for total proceeds of $824,157. He presently holds 6,136,794 shares in the company. About the company: Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. develops and produces immunobiotics, which are pharmaceutical products that assist the body’s immune system to prevent or treat disease. The Company produces a vaccine for anthrax.
- Hastings Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAST): Stephen S. Marmaduke who is a 10% Owners, sold 40,000 shares at a market price of $5.11 per share, for total proceeds of $204,400. He presently holds 159,327 shares in the company. About the company: Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a multimedia entertainment retailer. The Company combines the sale of books, music, software, periodicals, digital video discs (DVDs), videos, and video games with the rental of videos, DVDs and video games in a superstore format. Hastings operates various superstores throughout the United States, as well as an electronic commerce Internet Web site.
- HealthSpring Inc. (NYSE:HS): Herbert A Fritch, who is Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, sold 7,500 shares at a market price of $37.91 per share for total proceeds of $284,325. He presently holds 2,480,802 shares in the company. About the company: Healthspring, Inc. is a health maintenance organization. The Company serves Medicare recipients with a comprehensive network of hospitals and physicians.
- LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:LF): Mollusk Holdings LLC, which is a 10% Owner, sold 30,000 shares at a market price of $4.21 per share, for total proceeds of 126,300. It presently hold 935,258 shares in the company. About the company: LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. designs, develops and markets technology-based educational platforms with curriculum interactive software content and stand-alone products. The Company’s products are for sale through retailers, distributors and directly to schools. Leapfrog’s products include electronic educational games and learning books.
- Mercantile Bank Corp. (NASDAQ:MBWM): Second Curve Capital, LLC, which is a 10% Owner, sold 17,500 shares at market prices between $8.25 and $9.08 for total proceeds of $150,600. It presently holds 863,495 shares in the company. About the company: Mercantile Bank Corporation is the holding company for Mercantile Bank of West Michigan. The Bank provides a variety of commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, governmental units, and other institutions through office in Kent and Ottawa counties, Michigan.
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:MMSI): Franklin J. Miller, who is a Director, exercised 13,950 options at a cost of $11.91 per option for a total cost of $166,194. He subsequently sold 13,950 shares for at a market price of $22.31, for proceeds of $311,238. He presently hold 1,867 shares in the company. Rashelle Perry, who is the Chief Legal Officer, exercised 5,292 options at a cost of $7.61 per option, for a total cost of $40,772. She subsequently sold 5,292 shares at a market price of $22,50, for total proceeds of $119,070. She presently hold 1,566 shares in the company. About the company: Merit Medical Systems, Inc. manufactures and markets products used in diagnostic and interventional cardiology and radiology procedures. The Company’s primary products include inflation devices, guide wires, thrombolytic catheters and fluid dispensing systems, and angiography accessories, among others. Merit’s products are sold worldwide.
- MSC Industrial Direct Co. Inc. (NYSE:MSM): Erik Gershwind, who is Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, sold 12,175 shares at market prices between $69.93 and $70.13, for total proceeds of $853,001. He presently holds 105,261 shares in the company. About the company: MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. is a direct marketer and supplier of a broad range of metalworking and maintenance and repair supplies. The Company markets its products to industrial customers throughout the United States.
- National Instruments Corporation (NASDAQ:NATI): Jeffrey L Kodosky, who is a Director, sold 4,000 shares at a market price of $30.57 per share, for total proceeds of $122,271. He presently holds 635,431 shares in the company. About the company: National Instruments Corporation supplies computer-based instrumentation hardware and software products for engineers and scientists. The Company provides flexible application software and modular hardware that users combine with computers, networks, and the Internet to create computer-based measurement and automation systems.
- Old Point Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:OPOF): S Evans Russell, Jr., who is a Director, exercised 1,875 options at a cost of $12.91 per option for a total cost of $24,200. He presently holds 8,125 shares in the company. About the company: Old Point Financial Corporation is the holding company for The Old Point National Bank of Phoebus and the Old Point Trust and Financial Services, N.A. The Banks provide a full range of banking and related financial services, including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, and loan services. Old Point operates in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
- Power Integrations Inc. (NASDAQ:POWI): Balu Balakrishnan, who is President & Chief Executive Officer, exercised 3,000 options at a cost of $17.75 per option for a total cost of $53,250. He subsequently sold 3,000 shares at a market price of $36.52, for total proceeds of $109,561. He presently hold 246,152 shares in the company. About the company: Power Integration, Inc. designs, develops, and markets analog integrated circuits for use in alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC) power conversion. The Company sells its products to original equipment manufacturers in the cellular telephone, consumer electronics, personal computer, and industrial electronics industries.
- The Bank of South Carolina Corporation (NASDAQ:BKSC): Hugh C. Lane, Jr., who is President & Chief Executive Officer, bought 3,991 shares at a market price of $10.30, for a total cost of 41,118. He presently hold 74,102 shares in the company. About the company: The Bank of South Carolina Corporation is the holding company for The Bank of South Carolina. The Bank, a commercial bank, services individuals and small to medium-sized businesses in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties in South Carolina. The Bank of South Carolina offers a variety of deposit services, including checking and savings accounts.
- Vistaprint N.V. (NASDAQ:VPRT): Louis Page, who is a Director, sold 1,700 shares at a market price of $52.63 per share, for total proceeds of $89,471. He presently holds 191,938 shares in the company. About the company: VistaPrint NV is an online supplier of graphic design and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers worldwide. The Company offers products such as business cards, brochures, and holiday cards.