Insiders Sold Shares of these 10 Companies 3rd Week of September
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on insider sales registered with the SEC for the week ending Sep 23rd, 2011:
- Dollar General Corp (NYSE:DG): Jones, Adrian sold 6,063,810 shares at a market price of $33.71 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $204,395,876. About the company: Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- Intuit Inc (NASDAQ:INTU): Batchelder, David sold 1,225,330 shares at a market price of $46.76 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $57,296,431. About the company: Intuit Inc. develops and markets business and financial management software solutions for small and medium sized businesses, financial institutions, consumers, and accounting professionals The Company provides software for small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing.
- Amazon Com Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN): Valentine, Henry sold 45,000 shares at market prices between $233.60 and $240.22 on Sep 19th 2011, for a total cost of $10,614,371. About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- Petsmart Inc (NASDAQ:PETM): Moran, Robert sold 188,860 shares at a market price of $44.11 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $8,330,615. About the company: PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products and services for pets. The Company operates pet superstores in the United States and Canada, as well as a pet supply catalog business, and an equity interest in PetSmart.com. PetSmart provides pet food and supplies, and offers full-service veterinary, grooming and pet training services.
- Metropcs Communications Inc (NYSE:PCS): Patterson, Arthur sold 750,000 shares at a market price of $10.37 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $7,781,025. About the company: MetroPCS Communications, Inc. is a wireless communications provider in the United States. The Company offers unlimited wireless voice and data services to the mass market.
- Cbs Corp De (NYSE:CBS): Moonves, Leslie sold 300,000 shares at a market price of $23.67 on Sep 15th 2011, for a total cost of $7,101,270. About the company: CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (NYSE:CMG): Moran, Montgomery sold 20,000 shares at market prices between $334.05 and $336.50 on Sep 20th 2011, for a total cost of $6,703,007. About the company: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. owns and operates quick serve Mexican restaurants. The Company operates restaurants throughout the United States.
- Sally Beauty Holdings Inc (NYSE:SBH): Golliher, John sold 376,659 shares at market prices between $17.50 and $17.51 on Sep 14th 2011, for a total cost of $6,595,777. About the company: Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. distributes and retails beauty products. The Company distributes products directly to salons, and retails beauty products through a chain of cash and carry stores.
- American Tower Corp Ma (NYSE:AMT): Hess, William sold 118,979 shares at a market price of $55.00 on Sep 16th 2011, for a total cost of $6,543,845. About the company: American Tower Corporation owns, operates, and develops wireless communications and broadcast towers in the United States. The Company leases antennae sites on multi-tenant towers for a diverse range of wireless communications industries, including personal communications services, paging, and cellular. American Tower also offers a variety of network development services.
- Intercontinentalexchange Inc (NYSE:ICE): Sprecher , Jeffrey sold 47,250 shares at market prices between $120.74 and $122.58 on Sep 15th 2011, for a total cost of $5,752,454. About the company: IntercontinentalExchange Inc. operates global commodity and financial products marketplaces. The Company operates electronic energy markets and soft commodity exchanges as well. ICE offers access to contracts based on crude oil and refined products, natural gas, power and emissions, as well as agricultural commodities including cocoa, coffee, cotton, orange juice, and sugar.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>