Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Cabela’s Inc. (NYSE:CAB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Cabela’s Inc. in Q3 2011:
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 891,292 shares, worth $18,262,573.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 243,500 shares, worth $4,989,315.
- LIBERTY MUTUAL GROUP ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 238,870 shares, worth $4,894,446.
- PORTOLAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 170,619 shares, worth $3,495,983.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 54,560 shares, worth $1,117,934.
About the company: Cabela’s Incorporated retails hunting, fishing, camping, and outdoor sports products and apparel. The Company markets its products through its retail stores, website, and catalog. Cabela’s retail stores also offer in-house clinics associated with hunting, fishing, and camping.
Competitors to Watch: Big five Sporting Goods Corp. (NASDAQ:BGFV), Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS), Sport Chalet, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPCHA), Golfsmith Intl. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:GOLF), Dover Saddlery, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVR), Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ:HIBB), West Marine, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMAR).
(Note: Data regarding Cabela’s Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>