Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Ariba Inc. (NASDAQ:ARBA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Ariba Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BROOKSIDE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,514,415 shares, worth $41,964,440.
- CROSSWIND INVESTMENTS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,371,118 shares, worth $37,993,680.
- KORNITZER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC /KS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,050,550 shares, worth $29,110,741.
- CHAMPLAIN INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 984,600 shares, worth $27,283,266.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 613,353 shares, worth $16,996,012.
About the company: Ariba Inc. provides on-demand spend management solutions. The Company offers software, service, and network solutions that enable them to source, contract, procure, pay, manage, and analyze their spend and supplier relationships.
Competitors to Watch: SciQuest, Inc. (NASDAQ:SQI), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ:EPAY), Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ:MANH), Vocus, Inc. (NASDAQ:VOCS), American Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMSWA), Deltek Inc. (NASDAQ:PROJ), Selectica, Inc. (NASDAQ:SLTC), and MER Telemanagement Solutions Ltd. (NASDAQ:MTSL).
(Note: Data regarding Ariba Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>