Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Emulex Corp. (NYSE:ELX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Emulex Corp. in Q3 2011:
- KING LUTHER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,648,200 shares, worth $14,174,520. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SIGNIA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 870,319 shares, worth $7,484,743. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 668,077 shares, worth $5,745,462. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CR INTRINSIC INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 300,000 shares, worth $2,580,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WOLVERINE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 133,100 shares, worth $1,144,660. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Emulex Corporation provides converged networking solutions for data centers. The Company’s product portfolio consists of storage adapters, network interface cards, encrypting adapters, controller chips, server management chips, embedded bridges, switches and routhers, and connectivity management software.
Competitors to Watch: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRCD), QLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QLGC), LSI Corporation (NYSE:LSI), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), and Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM).
(Note: Data regarding Emulex Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>