Institutional Investors Selling Marathon Oil’s Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Marathon Oil Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ETON PARK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 5,444,000 shares, worth $172,193,720. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KARSCH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,090,791 shares, worth $129,391,719. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALDEN GLOBAL CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 3,091,554 shares, worth $97,785,853. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CS MCKEE LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,930,678 shares, worth $92,697,345. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OWL CREEK ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,719,187 shares, worth $86,007,885. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Marathon Oil Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an integrated oil firm with operations worldwide. The Company explores for and produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas on a worldwide basis. Marathon also mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada and refines, markets and transports crude oil and petroleum products.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), BP plc (NYSE:BP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO) and Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR).
(Note: Data regarding Marathon Oil Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>